Thursday, September 29, 2016

Learning Log #1

This last 3 meetings we had in our DNETCOM class, I had discovered a lot of interesting things about computer networks. I also found out that originally our subject DNETCOM, is composed of two subjects namely, DATACOM and DSEC(?). Im not sure about the latter but i know it was merged in the curriculum then that is now the DNETCOM.

Generally, I have learned that DNETCOM is a subject that tackles about computer networks that includes security, protocols and the likes. I find this very interesting because as a CS student, computer networks is one of the fundamentals that  I should be familiar of in order for me to become an effective professional in the near future.

Some of the terms I have learned are network topologies, switches, routers and hubs. And the newest one is how to use packet tracer application to design a network that is based on a business rules. Also, I was able to understand the importance of network architecture components. That it is needed for a network designer to understand such so he/she can make a network design efficiently yet correct.

So, far that's it for 3 meetings. I am looking forward for another lesson that will be discuss by our professor this week and the following weeks. ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment