Friday, August 21, 2015

13 - Are You a Smoker or Not?

Edward Gorey once said in his book: Floating Worlds: The Letters of Edward Gorey and Peter F. Neumeyer “There was a young lady named Mae, who smoked without stopping all day; as pack followed pack, her lungs first turned black, and eventually rotted away.” Yes, I do agree, I mean who would want to inhale the strong scent of smoke coming from a cigar, and then eventually, having a pair of black rotted pair of lungs? Am I a smoker? No. Of course not and never will be. You may think smoking is good but smoking is is a double edged sword, it has its consequences. Being isolated socially in public, having health deficiencies and living shorter to name some of the reasons why I never smoke.

Being isolated socially in public means that the people around you would intentionally keep away from you for the reason that you are smoking. Specifically, the smell from you cig keeps them away from you. Especially those who are health conscious and sensitive about their surroundings such as pregnant women and asthmatic people will really stay away from you. Thus, if you want to be a second hand smoker, then go near them for the rest of the time they are smoking but I am warning you that based on the studies, second hand smokers are even more at risk than the one smoking alone.

Having health deficiencies is a given thing when you smoke. Whenever you lit a cig, later on, you will face the consequences and that is you will suffer in health disorders such as asthma, pneumonia, lung cancer etc. The materials included in the cig you are smoking is proven by studies are bad for your health. If you are just starting to smoke, you may not feel these health disorders but later on you will; especially when you get old

Thus, this will end up into one thing and that is you will live shorter than you should live in this world. The ones will kill you is not the cig itself but the bad effects it will bring to you. And then later on you might regret your decision but it is too late. So if I were you, quit smoking right now so you wont regret later or do not even try to smoke not even once.

2 comments:

  1. (Commenting to 15 Random People and You are One of the 15. ^__^ )

    I agree to your terms and conditions since I am not a smoker: however, you and yourself can prevent others from ever smoking a cigarette just by reprimanding them that smoking is bad for your health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice! I agree that people who smoke should stop smoking!

    ReplyDelete